Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Search

I am currently looking to buy 3 new lenses this summer to help improve my ability to take pictures in situations that limit me (light mainly). I am trying to get a 70-200mm which is looking like I might have to get the canon one at F/2.8 this will be a huge investment for me. Someone suggested to me that I go to a camera store and test out all my lenses for focus speed because I do a large amount of sports photography. I also want to replace my kit lens with a lens that has a fixed f-stop of 2.8. And lastly if I have money a lens that is almost a fish eye lens (around 12mm, 10mm is the point that it can be called fish eye). It a big investment, but it will be worth it.


This weeks picture was from winter term at Knox. There is a group who makes bread for the poor in Galesburg and I was on assignment to take pictures of them making bread. Everyone there was extremely friendly. They made this assignment very fun. One should try to get to know the subjects because then you will be better able to portray their emotion in the photo. They made me help make some of the bread and they also gave me bread to try. Also this assignment taught me to be understanding of people who don't want to be in the paper. There was one student who didn't want to be pictured and it was difficult to produce a picture without him since he was leading the group. I was still able to produce this picture. I enjoy this picture because it shows motion in the hand in rolling the bread but the face is sharp and still. The one minor issue is the blown out white in the window, but it doesn't effect the rest of the picture. Also you can see the flour on her clothing and face after the leader of this group and herself got into a playful fight with the flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment